With lunch in my hand, heels on my feet, and a dress to complete the outfit, I stepped out of my house at 8:30am on Monday morning to drive, by myself, to work for the first time in 2 1/2 years. My kids were baffled, my hubby was ecstatic, and I was somewhere in between. Now, working part time is the best gig a stay-at-home mom can ask for. I work 3 days a week and the rest of the time I am with my kids and taking care of the regular mundane chores of being the leader of the household. This is in stark contrast of when I went back to work 6 weeks after my boys were born and I was there full time. That was a lot more stressful for me. Plus, in this job, I am privileged to assist breastfeeding moms all day long and help them to become more confident and empowered women....
I think this part time gig is going to work out just fine:)
Here is my Top Five List of Ways to make Returning to Work Easier
5. Plan your dinners by the week and use that crock pot like it is going out of style. Plus, leftovers are great to bring for lunch the next day.
4. Don't get dressed until right before you are going to leave for work....nothing is worse than saying 'good morning' to you boss, covered in your child's breakfast.
3. Go to sleep on the early side, especially if your kids have a tendency to wake you up in the middle of the night. Mine are 4 and 3, but they still wake up pretty regularly throughout the night, which really throws off my mojo in the morning.
2. If you love coffee or tea in the morning, invest in a really good travel mug....you will be able to enjoy your drink in peace and quiet on the way to work, which is more than I can say for the days when I am at home.
1. Try to leave all of your work stress at work so that you can be present when you are with your kids. They are going to be so happy to be around you when you are together, so cherish and enjoy those moments!